Welcome to my little slice of internet heaven. This site showcases some of the coolest Jawa collectibles from my personal collection (unless noted). Also, I have included links to some of my favorite websites, which feature other outstanding collections as well. Thank you for visiting MADBROWNZ and enjoy the "Jawa experience."

Monday, January 13, 2014

POTF2 Saga Jawa Mock-up (MOC)


Pictured is a Jawa Mock-up on a Saga cardback. I have to admit that I had been very skeptical when this first appeared on Ebay. While the Jawas were not released for the Saga Collection (2002 - 2004), they were produced for the Original Trilogy Collection (OTC) from 2004 - 2005. Unfortunately, I can only guess that these were mocked-up to see what the figures would look like prior to the OTC cardbacks being produced. Similar to most mock-ups, an existing cardback and insert had been used. In this case, a C3PO cardback and Darth Maul insert. There are subtle differences between the insert used on this mock-up and the produced version. The bubble, however is interesting, as it matches the one used when the figures were produced on OTC cardbacks. The inner tray is cut for each figure and weapon as well. Since the Jawas were repainted versions of the ones produced in 1996, it makes sense that the same figures would be used for this mock-up. These make a very notable addition to my ongoing Modern pre-production collection.